Nov 6th, 2005
I went to the 2005 California Library Association Conference and all I got was:
1. plenty of time to meet and rub elbows with library folks of all stripes. I was nice to meet and see so many of you!
3. A chance to stick my head in a hole and have my picture taken. This was sponsored by Infopeople, who totally rock and have for years. I good naturedly do have to say that Libraryman came way, way before this promo. Of course, the Libraryman booth was nowhere to be found, so….
4. The opportunity to spend some time hanging out with two of my most excellent library/internet cohorts. Both are exceedingly admirable, smart, funny and full of exciting ideas. Karen Schneider, The Free Range Librarian and Sarah Houghton, The Librarian In Black.
5. A free roast beef sandwich at the OCLC Western luncheon.
6. Yet another bag full of plastic conference swag. The best is the cow shaped fridge magnet from the Rural Libraries Initiative.
**I’ve added a few more Internet Librarian Conference photos (mentioned in the previous post) to that pool as well. My Treo was being stubborn for a short while, but it was worth the wait. Check out the new shot of Michael S. and his giant calculator emerging from the foggy netherworld that was IL05**